5 Daily Routines — How I Ensure My Success As An IFBB Bikini Pro
Follow these routines and you’ll be on your way to transforming your life!
Ever think about your daily routines and how they affect your health? One of the most important elements I need in my life is consistency. Some people may enjoy spontaneity and that is great to have, but if you don’t have consistency in your routines, you will likely fail. Here are five daily routines I execute each week to ensure success as an IFBB Bikini Pro.
1. Wake up at the same time every day
2. Workouts are scheduled
Before I even start the day I know what time and when I am doing my workouts. Because of this, I have made it a routine for myself to know I am doing my workout instead of trying to fit it in at some point and then missing it because “I was too busy.” Many use this as an excuse to not go to the gym, but usually this is only an excuse for laziness.“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” I know that it is hard sometimes to get yourself to the gym, but that will be easy if you put it in your schedule. Keep in mind, everyone is different. Some work out early in the morning and that works for them, others find that evening is better. Find what works for you and put that in your schedule, when you do that you will be able to deny requests that would otherwise be accepted easily. Make it a priority instead of just an option and you’ll see how things change.
I use Power Plate Meals for my meals, and then make my breakfast and dinner. Do whatever works best for you, but make sure to plan it out. If you need help understanding meal prep, check out my blog that gives you the basics about meal prep.
4. I have developed tricks to avoid my cravings
I think that most people who are trying to follow a meal plan, eat healthier, or be healthy overall really find themselves struggling at certain times or certain situations. The time that my cravings come crawling out of the woodwork to torture me is usually later at night when I’m about to go to sleep. This is when the hunger monster within starts whispering sweet nothings into my ear (I am not crazy, I promise). And this is when I need to pull out all my tricks to circumvent my cravings to win the day. Please remember, even though you can develop excellent routines — it is still a daily progress. Some days you may lose, but overall as you continue to progress, you will conquer your cravings and succeed. Here are some tricks I have developed to avoid my cravings:
- I have a pack of gum to chew to give me some good flavor throughout the day. All things in moderations of course, too sugar-free gum has some very undesirable effects…we need not mention.
- I drink a gallon of water and sometimes mix it with BCAAs that help my cravings for sweets go down. My favorites include: Amino GT by GAT(strawberry kiwi is my go to) or Xtend By Scivation — found at GNC (Grape is my favorite!)
- I drink tea at night. Depending on the day I choose between Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night or Smooth Move tea. Nighty Night tea is great with helping you sleep, since falling asleep can be struggle for me (especially when the hunger monster wants to keep me up looking at all the delicious Pinterest creations the world has to offer ). Smooth Movetea is also something I utilize — to help with digestion. This will help you stay consistent, you can fill in the blanks. They can be found at just about any vitamin store, grocery store, or health store.
5. Sleep — full nights sleep
Not everyone needs a full night’s sleep — I need 6 hours but I need all six of them. Everyone is different for their requirements, but the normal amount is 5–9 hours of sleep. Once you find out how much sleep you need, don’t short change yourself! If you are going toward a fitness goals and you are going toward muscle growth or if you’re trying to get in better shape overall, sleep is extremely important for you. When our bodies do not get enough sleep it will fight back. I often suffer from raised cortisol levels, which I dread during prep for a show, as it results in undesired fat retention and bloating. If you don’t sleep the optimal amount each night, the rest of your day and routines will ultimately suffer. If you are tired, your self-will will break down and the Walgreens Magic Mix trail mix that is calling you at midnight might convince you to answer the phone, and order an extra large bag (or 8). Who knows. Don’t risk it, make sure you schedule your bedtime appropriately.
I hope these daily routines I use may help with many of your health and fitness goals! They have been a vital staple in my success as an IFBB Bikini Pro.
Thank you for reading!My aim is to inspire and help others succeed at their life, fitness, motivational goals and dreams! If this has helped you in any way please follow me on Medium and Instagram if you would like more motivational insight!
Angie Maries Booty Sculpting Program — FREE PDF.
Subscribe to be notified of all new workouts — made by yours truly! Go to my website and subscribe — NEVER miss a blog post, new workout routine, or healthy recipe! Click here to subscribe!